We offer spring and fall cleanups in the McHenry and Lake County areas. Cleanups include-
- Cleanup and removal of all leaves, sticks and debris from lawn and bed areas.
- Cutting down of perennial plants and removal of dead annuals.
A cleanup is a very important part of your lawn program. Leaves and other "smothering" debris in turf areas will deprive the lawn of sunlight and airflow, killing the grass beneath it and promote fungal activity in the lawn. It is also important to remove top growth from perennials, especially hostas and lilies, because the old vegetation will impede sprouting activity, soil warming and airflow.
Tips & Tricks
- Preparing Your Lawn for Spring
- Weed Control Strategies: Importance of Pre-Emergent Activities
- Carbon vs. Petroleum Fertilizers
- Billy Goat Lawn Care: What Makes Us Different
- The Hidden Dangers of Mulch
- Organic vs Organic Based Lawn Care
- Benefits of Core Aeration
- A Safe Solution to Getting Rid of Box Elder Bugs